[bt-devel] New feature

Jeffrey Hoyt bt-devel@crosswire.org
Sat, 19 Feb 2000 18:57:11 -0800

Some more thoughts:

> Yes, global. I think we should keep the local toolbars as small as possible.
> They should only contain features that need to be set individual. But there's
> only 1 search dialog. So it could be opened either by a global menu entry,
> global button or like now RMB in the group manager.

The "search" button would go in the local toolbar for the same reason the
navigation buttons are there--for convenience!  ;-)  ...And one less mouse click
(boy, am I lazy!).

> RMB is ok. I don't want multiple instances by accident. So opening a second
> instance should be different from opening th efirst. Douple clicking would
> also be ok.

RMB is good.

> >Hmm, ok. At the moment there are some problem with the window widgets we use
> >for the presenters. Try to move the toolbar of a presenter and try to put it
> > to the side of the resenter ;-)

Perhaps breaking the buttons off from the combo and textboxes and making them
separately draggable and dockable would help?

> I want a feature where you can define which presenters are connected to each
> other. If I then change the key in one they all get updated. I also would
> like to see a scroll connection. If I scroll one bible, the other one
> scrolls, too. But thats for later.

That could be done with a presenter toolbar button to toggle "module sync
on/off".  Any modules with the button "on" would link.  Any with it off would
not be affected.

Friends,
Jeff
--