[bt-devel] bibletime setup

Torsten Uhlmann bt-devel@crosswire.org
10 Feb 2000 21:49:10 +0100

    >> Wonderful! So if Troy is not against that idea we could make a
    >> list of european distributors and calculate a price so that
    >> nobody of us has to pay on it.

    > Against?  I stress daily about being so behind on sending CDs!
    > This is great news!  I also regularly receive emails about how to
    > pay from other countries.  This will solve those issues as well!

Wonderful!

    >> An idea, I don't know if it works though. We could collect a bit
    >> more money per CD and offer free CD's to people who can't afford
    >> it.

    > That's fine.  Of course under the GPL you can do this without
    > asking and charge whatever you would like, but I understand that
    > we all want to work together on this.

    > My thought would be to list volunteer distributors on the website
    > and what each one is asking.  If you are asking more than others,
    > we can put a little note stating your purposes with the extra
    > money.  From my responses via email of people ordering CDs, I
    > would guess that you would get MORE orders charging more and
    > stating that you use excess to contribute to those that can't
    > afford.

Yes, we thought to do it that way.

    >> 10 Marks is compared to 400 Marks (BibleWorks) comparably cheap,
    >> isn't it :) But that was just an idea.

    > How much is 10 Marks in dollars?  The price I've worked out is:

At the moment 10 marks is a few cents less than $5 or exactly, depends
on how weak the Euro is.

    > blank CDs with cases are about $1.50 mailers are about $1.10
    > postage in the States is about $1.60
    > _______________________________________ $4.20

    > An even $5 bill covers the cost and is easier to work with.  If we
    > would like to charge $7.00, almost every 3rd cd could be sent out
    > free. $10 is a 1:1 match.

Well I did not calculate the 10Mark price I just said a number. But I
don't want people who give their time and equipment to pay for it. There
are volunteers who have no own income yet, so the price should pay a bit
for the usage of the material as well. I will send this out on our list
tomorrow and let everybody tell us his understanding of the price, so we
should find something we can agree at.

    >> We could also build a network of supporters who can do training
    >> on the software if it's used in bible schools, churches etc. Just
    >> dreaming...

    > This would be awesome, if we could just convince schools to use
    > our free software! :) This is an awesome future goal!

    > 	Thanks for dreaming with me, -Troy.

:)
When I think back of how small it started and what God had done during
the past month, it amazes me! Some preacher once told me to have a big
vision and not to limit God with the boundaries I set. So I'm sure if we
stay in his will he will enlarge our vision accordingly!

In Jesus name!

--

best regards,
Torsten Uhlmann