[bt-devel] bibletime setup

Troy A. Griffitts bt-devel@crosswire.org
Thu, 10 Feb 2000 12:53:25 -0700

> Wonderful! So if Troy is not against that idea we could make a list of
> european distributors and calculate a price so that nobody of us has to pay on
> it.

Against?  I stress daily about being so behind on sending CDs!  This is
great news!  I also regularly receive emails about how to pay from other
countries.  This will solve those issues as well!

> An idea, I don't know if it works though. We could collect a bit
> more money per CD and offer free CD's to people who can't afford it.

That's fine.  Of course under the GPL you can do this without asking and
charge whatever you would like, but I understand that we all want to
work together on this.

My thought would be to list volunteer distributors on the website and
what each one is asking.  If you are asking more than others, we can put
a little note stating your purposes with the extra money.  From my
get MORE orders charging more and stating that you use excess to
contribute to those that can't afford.

> 10
> Marks is compared to 400 Marks (BibleWorks) comparably cheap, isn't it
> :) But that was just an idea.

How much is 10 Marks in dollars?  The price I've worked out is:

blank CDs with cases are about	$1.50
mailers are about 		$1.10
postage in the States is about	$1.60
_______________________________________
				$4.20

An even $5 bill covers the cost and is easier to work with.  If we would
like to charge $7.00, almost every 3rd cd could be sent out free. $10 is
a 1:1 match.

> We could also build a network of
> supporters who can do training on the software if it's used in bible
> schools, churches etc. Just dreaming...

This would be awesome, if we could just convince schools to use our free
software! :)  This is an awesome future goal!

	Thanks for dreaming with me,
			-Troy.