[bt-devel] bibletime setup

bt-devel@crosswire.org bt-devel@crosswire.org
Thu, 10 Feb 2000 22:09:08 GMT

Troy A. Griffitts writes:
> blank CDs with cases are about	$1.50
> mailers are about 		$1.10
> postage in the States is about	$1.60
> _______________________________________
> 				$4.20

Once we have a version that will be stable for a while, I have an idea...

If you consider sites like Cheap Bytes and Linux mall, they sell CDs for
less than $2.00, and I am sure that they make a small profit...  But this
is probably at higher volumes than would be reasonable now.

Perhaps we could get some of the cheap CD distributors to package the
products and avoid the hassle of doing it ourselves.  Then if we wanted to
help others, we could start a fund, and order them for those with the need.

Are there sites with inexpensive CDs on other continents as well, or is
this a North American method only.

If nothing else, when the volumes dictate, we could have CDs burned by
others and distribute ourselves, in order to make sure that all "profit"
goes to helping others.  It would also save our CD writers some wear.

It might be a while before we get to that point, but I was just thinking
ahead...

--
   Darwin Gregory

   Evolution is a hoax!