[bt-devel] SWORD ISO CDROM IMAGE

Torsten Uhlmann bt-devel@crosswire.org
03 Feb 2000 16:12:29 +0100

    > Following my offer of assistance is a suggestion for future
    > releases.  Torsten Uhlmann writes:

    >> We (in Germany) are though not able to test the iso image since
    >> downloading some 100 MB is terribly expensive.

    > Torsten, I will download an image and burn one for you, as well as
    > for myself.  Let me know your address.  Do you think Joachim would
    > be interested in a copy while I am burning them?  Or are you guys
    > busy enough with BT 0.3 to bother with this?

Yes I would like to test the installation process. If Troy could create
say a 10-20MB ISO which tests the programs and a few texts I think there
is no problem in downloading. But if you want to send us a CD I would
very much appreciate it. I think Joachim and me and maybe others can
work together and duplicate them as need is.

Anyway we should think about one or more european distributors. I don't
own a burner yet but it is on my wishlist :) And a real purpose for it
could speed up decision making :)

Oversee shipping costs are quiet havy so we should try to offer the
crosswire CD's here from Europe.

We could for instance do this by downloading the whole image (6kb/s
makes 10 hours for 600MB, right) and then adding the download costs to
the CD costs. This would still be cheaper than buying from USA. And it
would relief Troy, right.

Or we could order one CD the ordinary way and duplicate it then.

Do you think we should think more into that area? How many people would
usually like to buy a CD and originate from Europe?

--

best regards,
Torsten Uhlmann

TUhlmann@gmx.de