[bt-devel] The SWORD Cd in europe!

Martin Gruner bt-devel@crosswire.org
Thu, 17 Aug 2000 16:37:05 +0200

Hi,

Am Don, 17 Aug 2000 schrieb Joachim Ansorg:
> > > The new Qt does now support threads, do you already looked at it?
> >
> > No, I didn't. Sounds good. But today I implemented threaded searching -
> > interruptable also. Please try it and comment.
>
> Interrupt doesn't work, at least not with the latest CVS of SWORD (it
> contains the indexinf stuff to speed up searching). But this is a bug in
> SWORD. I'll post it on sword-devel.

It works for me at the moment.

> > I used posix threads - i think they are available on most systems by now,
> > but I don't really know. Maybe we change this to qt threading, but I
> > prefer waiting until there is a stable release of QT. This is also valid
> > for other things like the kde libraries - IMO it is not necessary that we
> > use the most recent cvs version - we don't really need it, and at least I
> > am wasting too much time with updating and compiling...
> > Please tell me your opinions.
>
> Sure, we want the stable libs. They are now binary compatible forever. Ok,
> let's use the beta releases you have, I use CVS for testing.
>
> > > I had to change the pointer to memberfunction part it
> > > csearchdialog.cpp, I hope it works for you.

yes.

> > What exactly? didn't notice it. I changed some things there also (a new
> > button). I added interruptSearch() to CModuleInfo - hope this is ok.
> > Where should I continue? (Joachim, you're the boss, please assign me a
> > new task)
>
> I committed now the changes. It was the pinter to SearchThread (or so, the
> function which is called when the thread was created).
> Adding things to CModuleInfo is OK, as long as they are portable and
> implemented in the backend/sword/*SWORD* classes. it's correct.
> Things which can be done:
> widget), I made a basic begin with libhtmlparse. If you do it I can
> concentrate on printing. Saving works.

maybe i will try this, though I have (almost) no Idea of HTML.

> 	-Redsign of the searchdialog, Inserting all found entries into the
> listview takes too long. I thought we can use a listbox containing the
> modules with found entries, clicking on a module in the lisbox refreshes
> another listbox with the items of the module. IMHO this is more intuitive
> and faster (only inserted if the user clicks a module and only the items of
> the desired module).

Are you serious? I have no speed problem. (At least not with the inserting of
the entries in the searchdialog - it is very fast for me. So do we really
need this changed?

> 	-Speedup of the lexicon presenters

What and how.

> 	-Mechanism to create the search indexes (e.g. a dialog on first startup)
> 	-Module installation dialog (probably my part)
> 	-Plugin support (not sure if we should do it in 1.0, probably my part)
>
> Feel free to take some things from the list ;-)
>
> > Joachim, if you didn't already do it, please add "-lpthread" to the
> > linker flags. Otherwise linking will fail.
>
> Done.

thanks.

> > It would be good to have r/w thml support (for the sermon backend and for
> > the CCEL :-) - tons of modules available). Is there something done about
> > this in sword?
>
> ThML filters are available for SWORD, but not complete at the moment. My
> brother converted the rieger commentary (a german one!) to SWORD format
> uisng ThML, but it's not yet in SWORD.
> I think we support ThML in BT 0.3 and later. Maybe 0.25, don't know yet.

I just downloaded the specification. We should support it SOON - much more
important than plugin support. But how do we do it? Are there thml sword
modules yet for testing?

Martin