[bt-devel] The SWORD Cd in europe!

Joachim Ansorg bt-devel@crosswire.org
Thu, 17 Aug 2000 18:29:42 +0000

Hi!

> > Things which can be done:
> > widget), I made a basic begin with libhtmlparse. If you do it I can
> > concentrate on printing. Saving works.
>
> maybe i will try this, though I have (almost) no Idea of HTML.

Basically it works now, paraghraps need line wrapping. It's almsot finished,
maybe I should do it because I'm used to it ?

> > 	-Redsign of the searchdialog, Inserting all found entries into the
> > listview takes too long. I thought we can use a listbox containing the
> > modules with found entries, clicking on a module in the lisbox refreshes
> > another listbox with the items of the module. IMHO this is more intuitive
> > and faster (only inserted if the user clicks a module and only the items
> > of the desired module).
>
> Are you serious? I have no speed problem. (At least not with the inserting
> of the entries in the searchdialog - it is very fast for me. So do we
> really need this changed?

I'm serious. To see the problem try to search e.g. 5 english module for a
word like "is", you'll get thousands of results nd a long delay while the
items are inserted.

> > 	-Speedup of the lexicon presenters
>
> What and how.

The insertion of the entries. Maybe like GNOMESword? It's nice.

> > > It would be good to have r/w thml support (for the sermon backend and
> > > for the CCEL :-) - tons of modules available). Is there something done
> > > about this in sword?
> >
> > ThML filters are available for SWORD, but not complete at the moment. My
> > brother converted the rieger commentary (a german one!) to SWORD format
> > uisng ThML, but it's not yet in SWORD.
> > I think we support ThML in BT 0.3 and later. Maybe 0.25, don't know yet.
>
> I just downloaded the specification. We should support it SOON - much more
> important than plugin support. But how do we do it? Are there thml sword
> modules yet for testing?

On the alpha pages of SWORD there's a ThML module called something like
"Scofield notes". Test it.
The things to support ThML belong in SWORD (the filter stuff). For example
ThML2HTML etc.
I'll have a look at it if it's supported in BT!

--Joachim