[bt-devel] The SWORD Cd in europe!

Martin Gruner bt-devel@crosswire.org
Wed, 16 Aug 2000 22:12:42 +0200

Hi,

Am Mit, 16 Aug 2000 schrieb Joachim Ansorg:
<snip>
> > I am working on threaded searching. Could you please add "-lpthread" to
> > the project's linker flags? I can't because my kdevelop (2.0pre) is not
> > working. Thank you and God bless you!
>
> Please do not use KDevelop 2.0pre, it's alpha software. I use 1.2 CVS and
> this is really stable and useful.

How Do I do it within KDE2?

> Martin, we do now required latest qt snapshot (ot CVSUP module qt-copy).

Why? It still seems to work for me.

> The new Qt does now support threads, do you already looked at it?

No, I didn't. Sounds good. But today I implemented threaded searching -
interruptable also. Please try it and comment.
I used posix threads - i think they are available on most systems by now, but
I don't really know. Maybe we change this to qt threading, but I prefer
waiting until there is a stable release of QT. This is also valid for other
things like the kde libraries - IMO it is not necessary that we use the most
recent cvs version - we don't really need it, and at least I am wasting too
much time with updating and compiling...
Please tell me your opinions.

> I had to change the pointer to memberfunction part it csearchdialog.cpp, I
> hope it works for you.

What exactly? didn't notice it. I changed some things there also (a new
button). I added interruptSearch() to CModuleInfo - hope this is ok.
Where should I continue? (Joachim, you're the boss, please assign me a new
task)
Joachim, if you didn't already do it, please add "-lpthread" to the linker
flags. Otherwise linking will fail.

It would be good to have r/w thml support (for the sermon backend and for the
CCEL :-) - tons of modules available). Is there something done about this in
sword?

Martin