[bt-devel] feature suggestion

Thomas J. Philpot bt-devel@crosswire.org
Sun, 23 Apr 2000 12:21:31 -0500

Jeff,

I have often thought of those things myself.  Now, without having looked at the
 backend (i.e. SWORD, etc.) I would think the tags would not have to be hard
coded.  It seems that verses are colorized when they are displayed, so I don't
imagine it would be too hard to get the conversion filter to put a tag around
them.  (Let me know if I'm way off here guys)

As to the default bible version, I would suggest that we choose either the
currently active bible in the Bible Browser or presenter, the first one in the
list in the GroupManager, and/or have an option for default bible translation
in the Options dialog.  The only problem with choosing the first bible listed
in the group manager is this.  On my system, I have the French Louis Segond
Version installed.  I also have the Bible in Basic English, so it's first on
the list, since the list is sorted alphabetically.  If I didn't the French
Version would be first.  Although I want to read sometimes in French, I don't
want it to be the default all the time.  I suspect others might have similar
objections to this method.  Thus, I would propose adding a default bible
translation option to the Options dialog so that if no translation is
currently open, we can make a wise choice in which bible to open.
(Darwin, I hope that's not too much work... ;)

Tom