[bt-devel] feature suggestion

Joachim Ansorg bt-devel@crosswire.org
Sun, 23 Apr 2000 14:36:19 +0000

Hi Jeff!
Thank you for all your ideas :-)

>I was doing some Bible research with BT 0.23, and had an idea.  It would be
>VERY nice if each Bible reference (like in commentaries, etc.) was a
>hyperlink that would open up that passage in the Bible Browser (0.2x) or a
>new Bible presenter (0.3).  This brings a couple of questions:

This feature won't be included in 0.2, but in 0.3.
The problem is how to recognize all the different hyperlinks to other pasages. This feature will hard to e implemented (at least for me).

>1.  Would all those <a href> tags have to be hardcoded?

???
Don't know what you mean. The presenters will contain things like <A HREF="ref://passage">Text</A>. Was this your question ?

>2.  Would there have to be a "default Bible version" so the program knows
>which version to open up the scripture in?

Probably. Will go into the optionsdialog.

>I understand that this would add more work to some already very busy coders
>;-) , but I would like your thoughts on this.

Yes, Torsten is very busy: His work,family etc. I'm busy ith coding and not a very good coder.
We need some more coders. If you know somebody able to code and interested in BibleTime ask him!
I'm really thankful that Darwin helps coding !

BTW, I commited my local changes.

The Groupmanager should be working now:
	-Drag and Drop (sometime it doesn't start, will be fixed in some time)
	-Creating groups, savving them and restoring them on startup
	-Bookmarkmanagement (the description isn't shown yet, don't know where , do you know ?)
	 (RMB->New Bookmark doesnt work yet)
	-Drag and Drop of versenumberlinks of a presenter into the groupmanager to create a bookmark (this works)
	-Clicking on a bookmark will open the right presenter with the key (slow ?, will only work if the presenter isn't already opened)

Please comment about thiese features and find bugs ;-)

--Joachim

--
BibleTime - the bible study program for KDE
http://www.bibletime.de/