[bt-devel] feature suggestion

Joachim Ansorg bt-devel@crosswire.org
Mon, 24 Apr 2000 01:54:11 +0000

Hi!

You wrote on Son, 23 Apr 2000:
>Jeff,
>
>I have often thought of those things myself.  Now, without having looked at the
> backend (i.e. SWORD, etc.) I would think the tags would not have to be hard
>coded.  It seems that verses are colorized when they are displayed, so I don't
>imagine it would be too hard to get the conversion filter to put a tag around
>them.  (Let me know if I'm way off here guys)

As I said before there's no standard for the format of references!
What should we do with different locale settings of the divider (e.g. Genesis 1:1 in english, Genesis 1.1 in German etc.) ?
And there's no standard for the book abbrevs in the references: e.g. John, Jhn or Jh for John !

But perhaps there's a easy solution.

>As to the default bible version, I would suggest that we choose either the
>currently active bible in the Bible Browser or presenter, the first one in the
>list in the GroupManager, and/or have an option for default bible translation
>in the Options dialog.  The only problem with choosing the first bible listed
>in the group manager is this.  On my system, I have the French Louis Segond
>Version installed.  I also have the Bible in Basic English, so it's first on
>the list, since the list is sorted alphabetically.  If I didn't the French
>Version would be first.  Although I want to read sometimes in French, I don't
>want it to be the default all the time.  I suspect others might have similar
>objections to this method.  Thus, I would propose adding a default bible
>translation option to the Options dialog so that if no translation is
>currently open, we can make a wise choice in which bible to open.
>(Darwin, I hope that's not too much work... ;)
>
>Tom

I agree! We need the the refernece option to make use of the option ;-)

-- Joachim
BibleTime - the bible study program for KDE
http://www.bibletime.de/
info@bibletime.de