[bt-devel] bibletime cvs compile failed

Brook humphrey bt-devel@crosswire.org
Fri, 21 Apr 2000 16:43:57 -0700

Joachim Ansorg wrote:

> Hey, very good work.
>
> I'm wondering how to produces these good RPMs (included sword.conf etc.).
>
> I can only do rpm -ba bibletime.spec, what do you do ?

That's what I do but I included a few things in the bibletime.spec.
I also added the some of the sword directories to my bibletime.tar.bz2
the only thing about this is that sword still has to be compiled first
and on the system but if you just use the rpm's they should be ready to
go.
I'll add my bibletime.spec at the end of this mail.

> Might be useful to produce a really good statically linked (my version on bibletime.de (included SWORD,KDE and QT)) BibleTime

How did you did you get kde and qt compiled in. I don't think mine
includes them. It should but I'm not sure.

> with scripts to install it and set up KDE and QT environment.
>
> is it possible?

It would probably be possible but I'm not sure till I try it.

> Thanks for all you work, Brook!
> --Joachim

this is the bibletimestatic.spec that I used

Name: 		bibletimestatic
Packager:	Brook Humphrey <bah@webmedic.net>
Group: 		X11/KDE/Applications
Source: 	bibletimestatic-CVS.4.21.2000.tar.bz2

# This is relocateble package, you can install it on different target
with:
# rpm -Uvh bibletimestatic-CVS.4.21.2000.rpm --prefix
/usr/local/opt/apps/noncommercial
# default is %{Prefix}/share/sword

Prefix: 	/usr
BuildRoot:	/tmp/buildroot/
Provides:	sword 1.5

%define DocPath /usr/doc/sword-1.5.0
%define SwordPath /usr/share/sword

%description
Bibletime CVS is a free bible study tool for
KDE 1.1.X. WARNING*** this is a DEVELOPMENT BUILD
it should run but there may be some problems ***.
It will run on every system running KDE 1.1.X.
Bibletime is supposed to be an easy and fast
to use powerful bible study program for UNIX systems.
An easy to use bible study too based on SWORD. For
ease of use I have inclued all the sword files so
this is the only package that needs to be installed.

%prep
#this needs some work IT doesn't wor yet.
if [ -s /usr/lib/libsword.so ] ;
  then mv /usr/lib/libsword.so /usr/lib/oldsword.so ;
fi

rm -rf $RPM_BUILD_ROOT
mkdir -p $RPM_BUILD_ROOT%{DocPath}
mkdir -p $RPM_BUILD_ROOT%{SwordPath}
mkdir -p $RPM_BUILD_ROOT/etc

%setup -q

%build
LDFLAGS="-static" ./configure --prefix=%{prefix}
--with-install-root=$RPM_BUILD_ROOT

make -j 2 RPM_OPT_FLAGS="$RPM_OPT_FLAGS"

%install
cp -R doc/sword-1.5.0/ $RPM_BUILD_ROOT%{DocPath}/.
cp -R locales.d/ $RPM_BUILD_ROOT%{SwordPath}/.
install doc/sword-1.5.0/samples/recommended/sword.conf
$RPM_BUILD_ROOT/etc/sword.conf
make install

%post

%clean
rm -rf $RPM_BUILD_ROOT $RPM_BUILD_DIR/*
if [ -s /usr/lib/oldsword.so ] ;
  then mv /usr/lib/oldsword.so /usr/lib/libsword.so ;
fi

%files
%defattr(-,root,root,0755)
/usr/bin/bibletime
%doc /usr/doc/*
/usr/share/*
/etc/sword.conf

%changelog
* Fri Apr 21 2000 Brook Humphrey <bah@webmedic.net>
- added script to move libsword.so out of the way so bibletime will
compile statically
- added some sword files to bibletime source so that it will run without
sword installed on target system.

* Wed Apr 19 2000 Brook Humphrey <bah@webmedic.net>
- updated for use with bibletime 0.24

* Wed Feb 16 2000 Brook Humphrey <bah@webmedic.net>
- Changed doc directory for compiling on mandrake 7.0

* Tue Jan 04 2000 Brook Humphrey <bah@webmedic.net>
- Merged official bibletime suse build spec with this one
- Added description and cleaned up spec file

* Fri Aug 06 1999 Stefan Siegel <siegel@informatik.uni-kl.de>
- Added "config" tag for files containing /etc or /config
- Added compression for perl- and localized man-pages

* Sat Jun 26 1999 Bernhard Rosenkraenzer <bero@mandrakesoft.com>
- create (more or less) generic spec file...