[bt-devel] bibletime cvs compile failed

Joachim Ansorg bt-devel@crosswire.org
Sat, 22 Apr 2000 01:40:37 +0000

Hi!

>> Might be useful to produce a really good statically linked (my version on bibletime.de (included SWORD,KDE and QT)) BibleTime
>
>How did you did you get kde and qt compiled in. I don't think mine
>includes them. It should but I'm not sure.

To see if QT and KDE is included use `ldd <path to bibletime>`and look for libqt.so* and libkdecore.so*
if you find the names it's linked non statically.

My statically linked BIbleTime includes every library except libc and libm statically.
-kde
-qt
-libjpeg
-libtiff
-libpng
etc.

Getting BibleTime linked statically with de and QT was very hard for me.
I compiled statically versions of KDE and QT with

KDE:
./configure --enable-shared --enable-static

QT:

have a look in the README and INSTALL file, don't know exactly.

Perhaps you can use my version which should run on every GLLIBC based system (binary tar.gz at www.bibletime.de)

> [...]
># default is %{Prefix}/share/sword
>
>Prefix: 	/usr
>BuildRoot:	/tmp/buildroot/
>Provides:	sword 1.5
>
>%define DocPath /usr/doc/sword-1.5.0
>%define SwordPath /usr/share/sword
>

>%description
>Bibletime CVS is a free bible study tool for
>KDE 1.1.X. WARNING*** this is a DEVELOPMENT BUILD
>it should run but there may be some problems ***.
>It will run on every system running KDE 1.1.X.
>Bibletime is supposed to be an easy and fast
>to use powerful bible study program for UNIX systems.
>An easy to use bible study too based on SWORD. For
>ease of use I have inclued all the sword files so
>this is the only package that needs to be installed.
>
>%prep
>#this needs some work IT doesn't wor yet.
>if [ -s /usr/lib/libsword.so ] ;
>  then mv /usr/lib/libsword.so /usr/lib/oldsword.so ;
>fi
>
>rm -rf $RPM_BUILD_ROOT
>mkdir -p $RPM_BUILD_ROOT%{DocPath}
>mkdir -p $RPM_BUILD_ROOT%{SwordPath}
>mkdir -p $RPM_BUILD_ROOT/etc
>
>%setup -q
>
>%build
>LDFLAGS="-static" ./configure --prefix=%{prefix}
>--with-install-root=$RPM_BUILD_ROOT
>
>make -j 2 RPM_OPT_FLAGS="$RPM_OPT_FLAGS"
>
>%install
>cp -R doc/sword-1.5.0/ $RPM_BUILD_ROOT%{DocPath}/.
>cp -R locales.d/ $RPM_BUILD_ROOT%{SwordPath}/.
>install doc/sword-1.5.0/samples/recommended/sword.conf
>$RPM_BUILD_ROOT/etc/sword.conf
>make install
>
>%post
>

>%clean
>rm -rf $RPM_BUILD_ROOT $RPM_BUILD_DIR/*
>if [ -s /usr/lib/oldsword.so ] ;
>  then mv /usr/lib/oldsword.so /usr/lib/libsword.so ;
>fi
>
>%files
>%defattr(-,root,root,0755)
>/usr/bin/bibletime
>%doc /usr/doc/*
>/usr/share/*
>/etc/sword.conf
>
>%changelog
>* Fri Apr 21 2000 Brook Humphrey <bah@webmedic.net>
>- added script to move libsword.so out of the way so bibletime will
>compile statically
>- added some sword files to bibletime source so that it will run without
>sword installed on target system.
>
>* Wed Apr 19 2000 Brook Humphrey <bah@webmedic.net>
>- updated for use with bibletime 0.24
>
>* Wed Feb 16 2000 Brook Humphrey <bah@webmedic.net>
>- Changed doc directory for compiling on mandrake 7.0
>
>* Tue Jan 04 2000 Brook Humphrey <bah@webmedic.net>
>- Merged official bibletime suse build spec with this one
>- Added description and cleaned up spec file
>
>* Fri Aug 06 1999 Stefan Siegel <siegel@informatik.uni-kl.de>
>- Added "config" tag for files containing /etc or /config
>- Added compression for perl- and localized man-pages
>
>* Sat Jun 26 1999 Bernhard Rosenkraenzer <bero@mandrakesoft.com>
>- create (more or less) generic spec file...
-- Joachim
BibleTime - the bible study program for KDE
http://www.bibletime.de/
info@bibletime.de