[bt-devel] Using git

Eeli Kaikkonen eekaikko at mail.student.oulu.fi
Thu Nov 27 15:02:36 MST 2008

Thomas Abthorpe wrote:
> My one and only foray into the world with git was on the client side,
> and I
> found it somewhat unfriendly, but I am so adverse to trying it again. I
> figure, it is the next next logical step after cvs and svn.
>
> Thomas

Git was know to be user unfriendly but nowadays documentation seems to
be very good. It still may require some more studying than some other
systems, but after learning the basics it's fun to use.

The downside is that it's not very cross-platform. I didn't think about
this before, but if we want a more permanent and widely available
solution, some other distributed vc system could be better (mercurial,
bazaar). It doesn't of course mean we couldn't test git now.

Anyways, I'll think about this.