[bt-devel] const issues again

Greg Hellings greg.hellings at gmail.com
Wed Nov 26 14:28:46 MST 2008

Martin,

Troy and I batted around my BT patch on IRC quite a bit.  While my
initial patch allowed compilation with the SVN code (and *should* also
compile with the older version of SWORD), I've updated it to
(hopefully) support the dynamic versification updates that are in SVN.
 I don't want to rollback my installed SWORD version to check and make
sure it also compiles against 1.5.11 released.  Also, without
installing the dynamic KJV module, I won't be able to test that it
really works with dyn versification.  However, the crashing issue is
standing in the way of all of that testing.

On Wed, Nov 26, 2008 at 2:51 PM, Martin Gruner <mg.pub at gmx.net> wrote:
> Hi Greg,
>
> I applied your const patch. It compiles and works, so the  problems will be in
> the other patch or maybe sword SVN.

It appears to be SWORD's fault.  Here's the backtrace from gdb:
(gdb) bt
#0  0x00007f9e8131b26c in sword::LocaleMgr::getAvailableLocales ()
from /usr/local/lib/libsword-1.5.11.so
#1  0x00000000004e83cf in CLanguageSettingsPage (this=0xfea600) at
/home/hellings1/Public/bibletime-svn/src/frontend/settingsdialogs/clanguagesettings.cpp:65
#2  0x00000000004ec04d in CConfigurationDialog (this=0xf3baa0,
parent=0x10a85b0, actionCollection=0x0) at
/home/hellings1/Public/bibletime-svn/src/frontend/settingsdialogs/cconfigurationdialog.cpp:51
#3  0x000000000057c9a0 in BibleTime::slotSettingsOptions
(this=0x10a85b0) at
/home/hellings1/Public/bibletime-svn/src/bibletime_slots.cpp:77
#4  0x0000000000582682 in main (argc=1, argv=0x7fff90b72f28) at
/home/hellings1/Public/bibletime-svn/src/main.cpp:330

> I'm not applying the other patch. We will never again require sword SVN any
> more. As soon as 1.5.12 is released, we'll change our code to use the new
> interfaces. I hope you understand. The patch is saved in SVN to be applied
> later.

My intention was just to provide a patch so that people who are
interested in tracking SWORD's HEAD can do so through BibleTime rather
than through ad-hoc command line tools.  I also wanted to have a
head-start on things when 1.5.12 or 1.6.0 or whatever the next SWORD
version is comes out.  Plus, I needed to build BibleTime to test its
capabilities for the filter updates I'm doing - so 3 reasons finally
forced my hand into making the updates and sending them in for safe
keeping for when the next release comes available.

Anyway, attached is the updated version of the patch with the changes
that Troy suggested.

--Greg