[bt-devel] Search Analysis

Gary Holmlund gary.holmlund at gmail.com
Mon Nov 24 23:04:28 MST 2008

I started looking at Search Analysis. I found the cause of the crash.

QSize CSearchAnalysisView::sizeHint() const {
    if ( parentWidget() )
        return parentWidget()->sizeHint();
    return QGraphicsView::sizeHint();
}

When the parentWidget sizeHint is called, it in turn calls the sizeHint
for all of its children. This causes an infinite loop. By commenting out
the 2 lines starting with "if" the crash is gone.

The Search Analysis is still not working. It draws a blank screen. In
the CSearchAnalysisScene::analyse() it does not look like the
analysisItem->rect().width() and analysisItem->rect().height() are set
correctly. This is where I quit for the night. I can probably figure out
this issue tomorrow night.

Gary