[bt-devel] Eliminate KFontChooser from Configuration Dialog

Gary Holmlund gary.holmlund at gmail.com
Thu Nov 20 07:51:24 MST 2008

Eeli Kaikkonen wrote:
> Quoting Gary Holmlund <gary.holmlund at gmail.com>:
>

>> Eeli and Martin,
>>
>> I saw your more recent emails on the subject of Qt Designer, but I
>> wanted to give you my views of some of the issues that Eeli raised.
>> I and other members of my project at work have written numerous
>> complex dialogs and we prefer to use Designer. I will add some
>> comments below.
>>

> So you have more experience with this and have probably found a way to
> do it right. It may very well be that I've failed to learn the proper
> system. When you find a situation, you can do it and it will work as
> an example for us. We can then make further decisions. Martin didn't
> still comment on the Config dialog issues, but I think we should
> continue with the minimal changes, so that's not a good place to start
> (yet).

Agreed. Until either significant redesign or new work is done, it
does not make sense to use it.
>>>       - you can't name layouts
>>>
>> You certainly can.
>>

> Have this worked always? I just didn't find a way to do it as with
> other items. Designer may of course have changed since that.

If you look on the Designer Property Editor window, the first item
on the window is the layoutName for layouts and the objectName
for widgets. These names are initially auto generated, but can be
edited. This has been there since Qt 4.0. I don't know about Qt 3.

I found what I was missing that allows the CFontChooser to be
resizable. I needed to override the virtual function sizeHint and set
a reasonable default size. I should be able check changes in
tonight (my time).

Gary