[bt-devel] Eliminate KFontChooser from Configuration Dialog

Eeli Kaikkonen eekaikko at mail.student.oulu.fi
Mon Nov 17 10:03:25 MST 2008

Gary Holmlund wrote:
> I worked on the layout of all the configuration dialog pages taking
> space out and reducing the size of the text rendering areas on the
> language and display pages. It is basically all that can be done
> without restructuring. The size is now about 600x400. I think it
> looks pretty good but the rendered text for the font chooser might
> be a little small. Please send your thoughts about it.

Another thing which I just noticed: the font selector has now fixed
size. Most of the widgets have some default size policy which should be
changed if needed to reflect its nature in the UI. Look at the Bookshelf
Manager for example: in every page there is at least one widget which
takes all the available extra space when the dialog is resized larger.

Personally I feel the sizes are the most difficult thing in Qt layout
design, if I want to have resizeable windows with reasonable
minimum/default sizes. I have lost my sense of humor couple of times
with the search dialog design, for example :)

--Eeli Kaikkonen