[bt-devel] clucene crash when searching

Eeli Kaikkonen eekaikko at mail.student.oulu.fi
Sat Nov 15 01:09:08 MST 2008

Martin Gruner wrote:
> Hi Eeli,
>
> I don't know about this problem and I cannot look at this presently. Please
> try to find out yourself, if you have the time for it.
>
> mg
>
> On Saturday 25 October 2008 12:31:01 Eeli Kaikkonen wrote:
>
>> clucene crashes when I try to search in ESV with either or both the
>> words "and" and "or" but not any other words with them. If I add other
>> words it doesn't crash. I got the attached backtrace when it happened
>> first time, consecutive repeats gave useless backtraces.

I noticed that BT doesn't find small English words like and, not, or...
They are apparently disabled in clucene indexing/searching. I find it a
bad thing. First, Bible is a bit different from other texts when
searching. People might want to find exact words, not just "meaningful"
words. Second, if this is used for all modules it might cause unwanted
results for other languages. Is there a way to use a "bare" indexing
which takes all words as they are? would it cause any trouble with English?

These unindexed words when used in search text without other words seem
to cause this crash.

--Eeli Kaikkonen