[bt-devel] QtWebKit DOM access

Eeli Kaikkonen eekaikko at mail.student.oulu.fi
Tue Nov 4 15:22:37 MST 2008

Martin Gruner wrote:
> Hi all,
>

> there seems to be a way to access the DOM even without direct QT interfaces.
>
> Please see: http://labs.trolltech.com/blogs/2008/11/04/search-with-thumbnail-preview/
>
> Is this something we could use or should we wait?

It's not immediately clear how that works. We should research this. IMO
our current way is not the only right one; anything which works well is
good. If it can be written with small amount of code and the runtime
performance is good then it's worth implementing. But it depends also on
the future of the Qt API. They may add DOM access to some future minor
version. Should we ask somewhere if there are any real plans for that?

--Eeli Kaikkonen