[bt-devel] Problems with GCC 4.3.2 on Kubuntu 8.10

Martin Gruner mg.pub at gmx.net
Tue Nov 4 11:05:57 MST 2008

Hi all,

I'm getting tons of compiler warnings on BT and Sword.

"warning: type qualifiers ignored on function return type"

In all kinds of places. I haven't yet found out what exactly causes these
warnings. I seem to be unable to turn them off with "-Wno-return-type". It
seems that in C, functions cannot return const values, I am not sure about
C++. Is this behaviour correct? Do we need to change our codebase and remove
all const qualifiers on function return types?

Can somebody please enlight me? ;)

mg