[bt-devel] question about drop-down lists

jdc jdc.email at gmail.com
Sat Nov 1 23:13:56 MST 2008

Eeli,
My initial impression is that this is very good.

The up/down buttons work much more intuitively.  They follow the logical
and visual flow one would expect as if flipping through a book.
Scrolling up goes toward the beginning and scrolling down goes toward
the end.  This is very logical and visually correct.  The dropdown lists
are logical and easy to navigate.

The only bug I have found so far is the scroll wheel usage of the mouse
in combination with the up/down buttons.

- (not the bug yet... just an explanation to get to the bug)
    - The up/down buttons have a feature where you click in the middle
and use the mouse to scroll up and down through the books, chapters, or
verses.  This works just like the up/down buttons in that they follow
the logical direction one expects is if flipping through a book.

- (the bug)
    - Instead of clicking the middle of the up/down button and using the
mouse, it is possible to position the mouse in the middle and use the
scroll wheel to scroll up and down through the books, chapters, or
verses.  The problem is with this feature.  The scroll wheel feature is
backward from the other two ways mentioned above.  Scrolling up goes
toward the end and scrolling down goes toward the beginning.  This is
most noticeable while scrolling verses.

Thank you for your wonderful work.

Would it be possible to add the scroll wheel feature to the dropdown
lists?  I instinctively want to position my mouse over the downdown list
arrows and use the scroll wheel.  I know I can do the same thing from
the other up/down buttons.  But, It may be possible to eliminate the
up/down buttons in favor of using the scroll wheel in combination with
the dropdown list.

Thank you again
Jim