[bt-devel] clucene issues

Jim jdc.email at gmail.com
Fri Mar 31 10:29:48 MST 2006

Martin's remark about issues with clucene made me think of some issues I
have noticed.

I cannot remember them all but there are some minor issues that have
popped up.

1) searching for "time*" will yield results in Timothy where the word
time is not used.

2) we cannot search for small words like "as" and "is"
    I know this seems strange but I was trying to find some parables of
Gods word in the text.  I was looking for things like "word is like" and
"word as" and "word is".  This should have yielded results such as:

Eph 6:17 And take the *helmet* of salvation, and the *sword* of the
Spirit, which is the word of God:
Psa 119:105 Thy word is a *lamp* unto my feet, and a *light* unto my path.

I'm guessing here, is this a clucene indexing option?

3) there was one other...  I was searching for a word that started with
"e", I cannot remember.  But I got a lot of false positives (A lot of
hits where the word I was searching for was not found in the text).
Because of my results in 1) I wonder whether the letter "e" is some sort
of clucene special character or maybe just ignored.

Thanks Jim