[xiphos-users] parallel view column width

Ed Backell edbackell at gmail.com
Thu May 10 12:49:15 MST 2018

To follow up on my confusion about how the parallel modules are displayed:

On a monitor that is 1440 pixels wide, when Xiphos is maximized, the column
widths are:

1st   2nd  3rd
480, 360, 268

> A couple quick questions:
>1. What happens when you attempt to remove these items and then readd them
to the parallel view?
The exact same thing. And it doesn't matter which modules I add; the ratios
are always the same.

>2. Do you get the same behavior when adding them in one-by-one?
No. When only ONE module is listed, it takes up the entire available width.
When a second module is added, the screen is split 50%/50%, as expected.
When a third module is added, the screen is divided UNevenly: 43%/32%/24%

>3. What about when you add in a fourth module?
When a fourth module is added, it doesn't show up on the screen at all.

If I resize the program window wider than the screen (and move it off to
the side), I can adjust the width of the bible window. If I make it wide
enough, the fourth module will show (if used) and the modules will get
wider (if there's only 3). But I can't ever get them to be 33%/33%/33%.