[xiphos-users] Problem With Daily Journal and Daily Prayer Lists

Karl Kleinpaste karl at kleinpaste.org
Sun Apr 8 18:00:06 MST 2018

On 02/09/2018 09:34 AM, Stephen Bishop wrote:
> I have created a Daily Journal and a Prayer List but any entries I make are not saved.

I assume you're running a Windows build. There is some ongoing nightmare
in the Windows compatibility hackery on the underlying Sword library
which controls things like filesystem access, where a file already open
once cannot also be opened for write, preventing save from working
because (due to the nature of Sword) the required files were already
opened for read before you started editing.

I'm trying to look into it, but it's become a very hard problem --
something in a package called glib that provides the uniform filesystem
access interface.