[xiphos-users] Odd Xiphos error

Karl Kleinpaste karl at kleinpaste.org
Sun Apr 8 17:56:45 MST 2018

On 02/01/2018 03:34 PM, Ed Backell wrote:
> chapter 9, where the KJV presents as VERY WIDE... and I have to scroll
> horizontally just to see the Greek and commentary sections (which have
> not changed size).
> So, I thought that was an interesting enough non-standard behavior to
> bring it to your attention. Does this happen for anyone else?

I've experimented a bit with this, and no, I don't see it, in either
Linux or Windows builds.

If a module in parallel display contains images, and an image being
displayed is wide, it may sometimes commandeer column width to become
wider than usual. But that's very rare for Bibles and commentaries --for
me, nothing but a couple beta modules are that way.

I don't have an explanation for how this would happen with three
strictly text modules; there's no quality in the content that demands
any particular width. If you experiment any more (I realize this was a
couple months ago), try to find some related circumstance where this is
driven, so that we can identify the needed data point.