[xiphos-users] Xiphos 4.0.4 - copy/paste passage function issue

mabmc at juno.com mabmc at juno.com
Sat Apr 23 13:28:23 MST 2016

Xiphos maintainers, I am using: Ubuntu 14.04Xiphos4.0.4 (gtk3 webkit1) I found an issue with the "copy/export passage" function.  Using the WEB translation (version 43.1) from ebible.org, I found that in copying some passages, the punctuation at the end of the verse is left off when it is pasted into a document.  This seems to happen under the following conditions (both conditions together at least in the WEB translation):1) A single verse is being copied and 2) that single verse is the first verse of a paragraph containing only two verses.  For example, when I copy and paste Daniel 2:46, the period at the end of the verse does not appear when pasted. When I copy and paste Daniel 2:47, all the punctuation at the end of the verse appears. The same occurs with Daniel 2:29 and 2:30.  A copy and paste of Acts 19:1 (WEB) also leaves off the period at the end of the verse.  I am not sure that the two conditions mentioned are always linked to this event, however, it seems they often are. It may also be that somehow certain verse references in the Xiphos code contain some mark that causes the error when copying and pasting a verse. I tried this with the ESV (Version: 1.0.1). While Acts 19:21 fit the conditions, it did not fail, but pasting contained the verse in full with its ending punctuation. However, when I tried Acts 19:1 (ESV), which did not meet the two conditions, it left out the ending period the same as the WEB did.  Daniel 2:46 (ESV) pasted without the ending period, just as the WEB pasted.  Thank you again for all the work on Xiphos. I hope this error report is helpful. I am grateful for the apocrypha functionality in the current version.    Marc  mabmc at juno.com

Affordable Wireless Plans
Set up is easy. Get online in minutes.
Starting at only $9.95 per month!
www.netzero.net?refcd=nzmem0216