[xiphos-devel] trying to build Xiphos.latest stable on Rocky 9.1

Tim Dickson dickson.tim at googlemail.com
Thu Jul 13 06:32:16 EDT 2023

On 12/07/2023 18:16, Fred wrote:
> I posted the message above in April but have not seen any replies.
>
> Can anyone clue me in on how to build Xiphos on Rocky Linux 9.2? I
> mention some of the problems in the older email and haven't found
> solutions, so far. In fact, getting it as far as I did took some
> tomfoolery, as it kept wanting things I couldn't find. I could disable
> most of them, but at this point I'm stuck.
>
> I used to build Xiphos on Centos-7, for many releases, with no hassles
> at all, but now for the EL-9-compatible releases I seem to have hit a
> wall.
>
> Thanks in advance!
>
> Fred
>
> On Fri, Apr 7, 2023 at 9:10 PM Fred <fred.fredex at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>     Running Cmake for Xiphos 4.2.1 (with -DWEBKIT1=ON -DGTKHTML=OFF)
>     results in a demand for webkitgtk-3.0. But none of my repos offer
>     it, and looking at the webkitgtk web site shows that the latest
>     stable is 2.4.0 and latest unstable is 2.4.1. Is the cmake file in
>     error when trying to use 3.0? If not, then where do I find it?
>
>     and when running cmake with DWEBKIT1=OFF -DGTKHTML=ON (the default
>     condition) I get these packages missing: gtkhtml-editor-4.0 and
>     libgtkhtml-4.0. Can't find either one of those anywhere. Anyone
>     know where it is to be found?
>
>     Thanks in advance, on both questions!
>
>     Fred
>
>     PS:
>     When posting a reply, please include my email in the list of
>     targets. xiphos.org <http://xiphos.org> says I'm subscribed to
>     both user and devel lists, but I haven't received any mails on
>     either list in over a year. Dunno what's wrong.
>
>     Thanks again!
>
>     Fred

my build script uses -DGGTKHTML=ON and doesn't specify DWEBKIT1 at all
(takes default).
the deps tree I use (for my distro) is as follows, which may be helpful.
I've included the website and source link for gtkhtml4

xiphos 4.2.1
-rarian 0.8.4
--tinyxml 2.6.2
-biblesync 2.1.0
-libminizip 1.2.11
-sword
-gtkhtml 4.10.0
HOMEPAGE="https://launchpad.net/gtkhtml"
DOWNLOAD="http://ftp.acc.umu.se/pub/gnome/sources/gtkhtml/4.10/gtkhtml-4.10.0.tar.xz"
MD5SUM="a8538daed73de3fb5c7747d05139ef79"
-appstream-glib 0.8.2
--gcab 0.6
-yelp 42.2
--libhandy 1.5.0