[sword-devel] InstallMgr::getModuleStatus / Performance optimization possible?

Tobias Klein contact at tklein.info
Sun Oct 30 11:49:47 EDT 2022

Hi Troy,

When integrating the module update functionality in Ezra Bible App, I noticed a performance issue in the function InstallMgr::getModuleStatus.

On my laptop, it takes almost two seconds to run this against all repositories from the master repo list. On my slower surface tablet, it takes even longer and I haven’t tested it on my even slower Android devices, yet. This generates a bit of an issue in my JavaScript based application (longer interrupts of the JavaScript event loop lead to some freezing in the UI).

Considering the parameters const SWMgr &base, const SWMgr &other, I saw that the function loops through all modules within other. If one just wants to see which local modules are outdated, it would be enough to go through the ones that are also present within base, right? Could that be a way of optimizing the performance?

Best regards,
Tobias