[sword-devel] Contributing to sword-tools repo?

Peter Von Kaehne refdoc at gmx.net
Fri Jan 15 04:54:42 MST 2016

Jaak

Two matters:

1) Could you please cease GPG signing mailing list contributions? This is a real nuisance on mailing lists. FWIW, even posting from an anonymous remailer without putting your name to it we would know it is you.

2) Your write:

> Please consider a more broad perspective:

> * code is broken if it overly difficult to maintain/fix
> * code is broken if it cannot be comprehended

How come that as a self taught, not-really-a-proper programmer i find the library and its architecture quite comprehensible? I am regularly contributing at the filter side and have had patches and bug fixes in all kinds of other places too. I have svn write access to large parts of the code.

How did I get there? I listened to Troy when he explained things and I read the code. It is structured, clean, clear, makes sense once you think through it and does what it is meant to. I think you protest too much. Start reading and asking and listening, please.

Peter