[sword-devel] AbbottSmith module question

DM Smith dmsmith at crosswire.org
Thu Jan 14 07:40:45 MST 2016

I’ve been trawling through the code. Seems that there is support for Strong’s Numbers that are not padded. If a module contains Strong’s Numbers that are not padded, it is to use StrongsPadding=false. (Actually any value other than “true” will be false. TRUE is false.) This module does not have it.

Not having StrongsPadding in a conf is the same as StrongsPadding=true. There’s a note in the wiki that says that we’ll probably reverse that in the future. I doubt it. We still have LZSS as the default compression though no module has used it for years (other than experimental modules).

I’m not sure how a Bible with a reference to G0001 will find G1 as it doesn’t unpad the user’s input. But at least the dictionary should work. BTW, there’s a missing "if (strongsPadding)” in rawLD. It is present in zLD. I think this is a bug. Need to verify, report and submit a patch for it. (BTW, I don’t have write permissions either on the main repo, but I’m not discouraged in contributing and submitting patches.)

So, I’m guessing that without StrongPadding=true, a lookup for G100, becomes G0100 and the nearest entry for it is G1. This might explain the infinite loop?

In Him,
	DM