[sword-devel] AbbottSmith module question

Aaron Christianson ninjaaron at gmail.com
Wed Jan 13 21:30:40 MST 2016

The BDBGlosses_Strongs module is similar. I started a python wrapper
on diatheke (I don't know Java or C++, and there is no documentation
for the SWIG python-sword library) specifically to provide intelligent
resolutions for issues around different ways of representing Strong's
numbers in various Bible and dictionary modules which are currently
broken on the Linux front-ends (Xiphos and Bibletime) and on AndBible.
It's quite frustrating, though I will say that using a language like
python (not least in interactive mode) as a filter for complex queries
has ultimately turned out to be useful in ways I'd never imagined and
would be difficult for a GUI front-end to match without its own
built-in macro language (which isn't a bad idea... If only I would get
off my can and learn C++)

But yeah. Strong's number madness in Sword is basically why I learned
to program.