[sword-devel] NASB status

DM Smith dmsmith at crosswire.org
Thu Jan 7 06:42:47 MST 2016

It is available as the nightly build at: www.crosswire.org/bibledesktop/download.html <http://www.crosswire.org/bibledesktop/download.html>. (It’s not nightly.) Don’t remember when I made it available. May have been in the spring. Updated it just the other day.

The Mac package is hurting. Use the Linux package instead. I’ve signed up as a Mac Dev ($99) to fix the package issue. They don’t allow bundled Java programs to run as they did before. It will error out. They require signing with their certs. The one I used previously won’t work with a new build. The work around is to download the Mac package zip using wget or curl and unzip it from the command line. Not something a regular user will do. The linux distribution will run just fine on a Mac from the provided shell script. Still not something they will do.

The Windows distribution will install the 32-bit Java. This may cause some issues with those on a 64-bit machine. Don’t remember. There is a bat file in the linux distribution that will work just fine. But this is also an issue with the last release. People will ask questions on occasion, but seem to be able to sort it.

— DM