[sword-devel] NASB status

Troy A. Griffitts scribe at crosswire.org
Wed Jan 6 15:04:34 MST 2016

I hesitate to even respond to this thread, as none of this kicks the can down the road, but... I believe some of the issue has to do with typical open source volunteer problems. Specifically, in this case, none of the pumpkin holders was satisfied to build on their predecessors' code. I originally made the initial co version in C++. My script is versioned in the sword-tools repo. I'm not sure what Chris did. I know DM rewrote the conversion in Java, and it sounds like Greg has again rewritten the conversion in Python. It is not a matter of perfection before release. It is a matter of basic satisfaction of the three items I have listed and we have not attainted basic satisfaction yet.

Troy