[sword-devel] Deuterocanonical books / Apocrypha

Barry Drake bdrake at crosswire.org
Fri Jan 31 10:56:13 MST 2014

On 31/01/14 17:27, Greg Hellings wrote:
> My understanding is that CrossWire desires to take an inclusive
> approach to groups whose theological positions might differ. That
> AndBible has chosen to snub and insult the majority of Christians by
> calling these texts "uninspired" is sad. However, inclusion of
> apocryphal material in an appendix rather than in its location within
> the Catholic or Orthodox canon is not unprecedented. The first two
> Bibles I ever held that included such material included it as an
> appendix to the Old Testament before the text of the New. These,
> however, were decidedly Protestant editions of the text and this
> reflected the theological position of the editors. I hope that
> AndBible will support the more inclusive canons in the future without
> pejorative language such as is found on that page.

I am running a testing version of BibleTime Mini for Android.  I think
it supports AV11n.  If the maintainer of BibleTime Mini is on this list,
maybe he could respond.  It is an excellent app.

I really don't want to get into a theological argument, but I don't like
whole chapters and books ripped out of my Bible.  My Bible is based on
the version that Jesus, the apostles and the early church used (the LXX)
and if that was good enough for them, I guess it's good enough for me.
It was, you may remember, the Synagogue and not the Church that started
to omit these valuable books.

God bless,        Barry Drake.