[sword-devel] strong's numbers in KJV-1769

Jim Michaels jmichae3 at yahoo.com
Thu Jan 16 19:02:43 MST 2014

Hi folks... I was trying to do a study looking up strong's greek and hebrew numbers, searching for the verses that have a particular strong's number. I could not do it with 0112 in xiphos 3.1.5 (all I get is a dialog saying how, making reference to buttons - only see 1 button), but I could in The Sword Project, sort of.

The OT has a 0 (zero) in front of the strong's number.
The NT is just the number with no leading 0.

say I wanted to search for all verses containing strong's greek 112. so when I search for 112, in The Sword Project I could get Psalms 112, Greek 112, Hebrew 112, Greek 1112, Hebrew 1112, Greek 2112, Hebrew 2112, ...
In Xiphos, I am told to use advanced search, Attribute Search, which I did, and got no results but a help dialog box. it states that I am supposed to use a G or H in front of the number, which I did.

is there a way to specify a strong's number in The Sword Project, like typing in <112> or <G112>?

any fixes or workarounds? maybe I am just doing sopmething wrong here. help appreciated. thanks.

Jim Michaels
Jmichae3 at yahoo.com
JimM at RenewalComputerServices.com
http://JesusnJim.com (my personal site, has software)
IEC Units: Computer RAM & SSD measurements, microsoft disk size measurements (note: they will say GB or MB or KB or TB when it is IEC Units!):
[KiB] [MiB] [GiB] [TiB]
SI Units: Hard disk industry disk size measurements:

[kB] [MB] [GB] [TB]