[sword-devel] 1.7.2 release

Chris Little chrislit at crosswire.org
Tue Jan 14 20:07:06 MST 2014

On 1/14/2014 8:43 AM, Костя Маслюк wrote:
> Ok, simply it is strange when i submit any work and even do not know
> that it was rejected with somewhat reason...

We have a place to submit bugs & bugfixes. It's the bug tracker:
http://www.crosswire.org/tracker/secure/Dashboard.jspa

As a bonus, you can search the tracker to see if the bug you think you
found has already been identified. If you do us the courtesy of
reporting bugs through the established protocols, you're more likely to
get some kind of response (even if it is simply to have your bug closed
as a duplicate).

sword-devel is a big mailing list with many subscribers and many
posters. From my perspective, there's often a lot of noise on the list
that I can't be bothered to read.

> Maybe with v11n mappings it is the same situation?

I would assume this requires a change to function signatures, so it's
not going to appear in 1.7.x at all.

I haven't looked at the code, but the idea of mapping between
versification systems (not versifications of particular translations but
versification systems, as we define them) is completely ridiculous. It
will not work as intended, except in limited circumstances: between the
KJV(A), NRSV(A), and MT/Leningrad systems. Those are the cases where a
versification system reflects a single particular translation's
versification. Any other system (Catholic, Vulg, LXX, Synodal, etc.)
cannot be reliably mapped to/from.

--Chris