[sword-devel] 1.7.2 release

Greg Hellings greg.hellings at gmail.com
Tue Jan 14 09:59:02 MST 2014

On Tue, Jan 14, 2014 at 2:51 AM, Костя Маслюк <kostyamaslyuk at gmail.com>wrote:

> What about the "inconsequent lexicon index" fix i have posted here a month
> ago? I realize that it would not be threated as Critical, but it is still
> bad behaivior that affects every Sword frontend.
> I also realize that fix would not be complete, but no one even asked me
> for deeper investigation, if people have no time.
I have only limited permissions to commit into the trunk - the swig
bindings that I maintain and my CMake files that I maintain are the only
areas I have commit privileges on trunk because those are the only areas I
am actively familiar with. Any other changes I've made (e.g. SFTP support,
HTTPS support) I had to go through the same process of submitting a patch
and waiting for feedback. This is because I spend very little time in the
C++ internals of the engine, so those more familiar with it serve as
gatekeepers to ensure the work I do is of acceptable quality.

At Troy's request, I am only merging from trunk over to the sword-1-7-x
branch, so that all patches are also in trunk for the next minor release
and also so he or Chris or DM or the other people in charge of the specific
areas continue to be the gatekeepers for their areas of expertise. Nothing
will be committed to the sword-1-7-x branch directly, only merged down from
trunk when possible.

There are very few people familiar with the internals of the engine (Troy
and Chris) or the utilities (Troy, Chris, and DM), so sometimes responses
can be slow, especially over the holidays.

-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <http://www.crosswire.org/pipermail/sword-devel/attachments/20140114/a596bef3/attachment-0001.html>

More information about the sword-devel mailing list