[sword-devel] Best Windows compiler to use to make Python bindings to Sword?

Jonathan Morgan jonmmorgan at gmail.com
Tue Feb 25 06:28:53 MST 2014

Hi Timothy,

I haven't built SWORD for a few years, and don't 100% remember how to build
it.
However, in answer to your questions, I did use Visual Studio 2008 Express
Edition to build for Windows as it was always going to match best with the
standard Windows Python 2.6/2.7 build.
I think I used a modified project file based on the Visual Studio project
for C# in the bindings/swig/vstudio directory to build with.

Hope that helps!

Jon