[sword-devel] OSIS sources? [Was: Re: Project “Free Scriptures” started]

Peter Von Kaehne refdoc at gmx.net
Tue Feb 25 00:15:03 MST 2014

> Von: "Matěj Cepl" <mcepl at redhat.com>
> On Mon, 2014-02-24 at 16:49 -0700, Troy A. Griffitts wrote:
> > We DO MAINTAIN a link to the source where we obtained the material;
> > anyone wishing to use the data from one of our SWORD modules SHOULD
> > INSTEAD simply look at the source link in the module .conf file and use
> > that source instead.
>
> Oh, that's awesome! So it is enough just to look at the .conf file,
> right? ... Wait ....:
>
> SwordVersionDate=2003-03-21

> So, where should I look? Where are the bugs that ALL Czech modules have
> this information missing?

The answer is in the date given in the module. At that time we were neither that careful nor had the experience.

Our own views and practices have developed. Chris Little in particular has been very careful to ensure that our modules are up to scratch. Modules I successfully submitted in 2005 and 6 would be rejected nowadays.

In essence, if the module is of the kind as this one - ancient and clearly with problems, chances are that the module needs to be recreated from scratch anyway. Find a decent source and produce a replacement. This time with the all necessary info etc.

Peter