[sword-devel] OSIS sources? [Was: Re: Project “Free Scriptures” started]

Matěj Cepl mcepl at redhat.com
Mon Feb 24 09:38:57 MST 2014

Although, the original message was IMHO completely trollish, there is
one thing, where I would like to get a clarification.

On Sun, 2014-02-23 at 22:21 -0800, Chris Little wrote:
> We're not an OSIS document repository. Making XML documents available
> for that content that we could share is not part of our mission. (When
> we are able to share and organizations acting in good faith request OSIS
> or otherwise formatted texts, we do share them. We've shared with other
> software projects, including both GPL and commercial projects, as well
> as with more typical document repository maintainers & Bible societies.)

That's a pity we are not an OSIS document repository (at least where we
can). E.g., I believe that with the advent of av11n ALL Czech modules
are in need of rebuilding (proper Czech v11n is almost certainly the
German one, not KJV; I would like to investigate it, but I would need
sources even for that), plus some of them are obsolete and should be
removed (I am going to resend here the message I sent to David couple of
weeks ago for which I have never received a reply). I would like to
help? What should I do?

If it is not possible to put OSIS documents somewhere (github?,
gitorious? … there are so many places these days, where one can put a
code repository), could we have at least module maintainers? The only
module I have created (CzeCSP) has a proper git repository
(http://luther.ceplovi.cz/git/czekms-csp_bible.git/) and I am willing to
accept any bug reports I get for it. But for most modules we have in our
repositories I don't see anybody who would be willing and able to do
anything about them. There are some issues in Jira for Czech modules,
which could be trivially fixed (and some issues which are not even
failed yet), but without sources, we will loose some quality certainly
(mod2osis is not officially supported and it is not guaranteed to be
100% faithful, is it?). Whom should I contact about those modules?

Blessings,

Matěj

http://www.ceplovi.cz/matej/, Jabber: mcepl at ceplovi.cz

The politician attempts to remedy the evil by increasing the very
thing that caused the evil in the first place: legal plunder.
    -- Frederick Bastiat