[sword-devel] Av11n modules - was Deuterocanonical books / Apocrypha

Barry Drake bdrake at crosswire.org
Sun Feb 2 07:57:40 MST 2014

On 02/02/14 11:20, Barry Drake wrote:
> Correct me if I'm wrong, but currently the only modern English
> Language version I can see that contains the deutero-canon is the CPDV
> version.  I'm not at all sure about this version, partly because it is
> a bit ponderous to read, and also because it is the work of only one
> person rather than a group of translators.  Michael mentions the WEB
> version as having the extra books - the Sword module I can find
> contains only the 66 book canon.  Is there anything else out there
> please?

I thought I'd have a play.  I downloaded the osis file from
http://ebible.org/ and using the command:   osis2mod ./
eng-webbe_osis.xml -z -v KJVA  and the following as a .conf file:

[webbe_a]
DataPath=./modules/texts/ztext/webbe_a/
ModDrv=zText
Encoding=UTF-8
BlockType=BOOK
CompressType=ZIP
SourceType=OSIS
MinimumVersion=1.6.1
SwordVersionDate=2009-10-24
OSISVersion=2.1.1
Version=
TextSource=
LCSH=Bible. English.
DistributionLicense=Public Domain
Lang=en
Description=World English Bible with Apocrypha
About=
Versification=KJVA
InstallSize=

I made a working module.  The osis2mod error messages show that neither
KJVA nor any of the other currently available 'with'apocrypha'
versifications are correct.  As an example, 4 Maccabees is ignored
completely ....  there are a host of other unsupported verses.  I wonder
if there is any chance someone could add a WEBA versification (or
explain to me very gently how to make one?)  Chris Little maybe?

God bless,        Barry.