[sword-devel] Welsh translations

Chris Burrell chris at burrell.me.uk
Fri May 31 14:42:26 MST 2013

Hi

Couple of questions.

Firstly, does anyone have a contact in regards to
http://www.crosswire.org/sword/servlet/SwordMod.Verify?modName=WelBeiblNet&pkgType=raw
that
I could approach?

Secondly, someone emailed me texts for:

 BCN Diwygiedig – This is the Revised New Welsh Bible, published currently
by
> the Bible Society. They seem very unwilling to allow it’s use online, so
> before you can use this you will have to negotiate with them. I believe
that
> this version is mostly accurate, but maybe the Bible Society themselves
> would be happy to supply their own files.

and

 BCH.txt – This is the old translation. It is not complete, but contains
what
> I have managed to download and correct so far. It contains: Genesis – 1
> Samuel, Esra – Song of Solomon, Daniel – Malachi and the complete New
> Testament.

I notice there's a note on the CrossWire wiki about two Welsh translations
- perhaps the same ones?
http://crosswire.org/wiki/Module_Requests#Welsh_Bibles

Chris