[sword-devel] HTML5 File API and SWORD modules

Matěj Cepl mcepl at redhat.com
Wed May 8 22:46:23 MST 2013

On 08/05/13 15:30, Troy A. Griffitts wrote:
> Not sure what you mean by "the web", but there are very few
> client-side-only (only client-side javascript+html/css) applications on
> "the web" (none that I can think of, but I've been told they exist).

a) I have Geeksphone Peak as my main (and now only) phone, so I am a bit
biased ;), OTOH, there is a bit of seriousness behind what I am saying;
b) I hope that Mozilla Foundation won't give up and my phone will be
JS+HTML+CSS only for long time (yes, time-critical or some special apps
may eventually be needed in native format, but consider effort to have
MP3 codecs in Javascript for the limits where this need may hit);
c) I don't insist that terribly on 100% of all computing being done on
my phone in JavaScript, but I DO insist that my Bible application will
work in the metro when the phone is offline. So, whether there will be
some prechewing on server (e.g., translation to JSON if needed) doesn't
concern me, but in the end all data required for the work of the app
should be present on the phone.

Blessings,

Matěj

http://www.ceplovi.cz/matej/, Jabber: mcepl at ceplovi.cz

Those to whom evil is done \\ Do evil in return.
      -- W. H. Auden, September 1, 1939
         http://www.poets.org/viewmedia.php/prmMID/15545