[sword-devel] Hebrew font

David Troidl DavidTroidl at aol.com
Fri Mar 1 06:41:09 MST 2013

Hi Philip,

On 2/28/2013 9:42 PM, Philip K wrote:

> I recently converted the OSMHB crosswire.org module to OSIS XML
> format.  I would like to know what font should be used to display the
> text in Hebrew?

Converting a SWORD module is not recommended.  You can download the
original source files from here
https://github.com/openscriptures/morphhb/tree/master/wlc

> Currently the XML file is full of text such as this:
>
> <w lemma="strong:H7225">×'ְּרֵ×?ש×?Ö´Ö--×^(TM)ת</w>

What you are seeing is an encoding mismatch, probably trying to display
UTF-8 as ANSI.  If you change the encoding in your text editor, it
should show up fine.

> Can someone provide details on how to interpret and/or render the
> characters to Hebrew?

As for a font, I would recommend SBL Hebrew:
http://www.sbl-site.org/educational/BiblicalFonts_SBLHebrew.aspx

Peace,

David