[sword-devel] installmgr (and xiphos) crashes (svn 2831)

Nic Carter niccarter at mac.com
Wed Jun 26 06:12:52 MST 2013

Having contributed to the http code a while ago, I know that it worked for some httpd servers and not for others because of the way that file listings worked over http... In the end, I only use the http code with the official CrossWire repos & force the use of the ftp code for other repos in order to avoid possible crashes.
Error catching code could be added, but ideally the code should be rewritten to be much more safe! However, if we were to redo our installmgr stuff so as to download a zip file, it'd be ok! It crashes when you try to download a folder full of files (the individual parts of a module).

I hope that helps? I'd be more specific if I had more time, but this is just a quick reply in passing :)

Thanks, ybic
Nic :)

Sent from my phone, hence this email may be short...