[sword-devel] Module repository

Teus Benschop teusjannette at gmail.com
Wed Jun 12 09:09:58 MST 2013

Hi friends,

I created a Sword module repository for a bibledit-web installation, so
that the translators and consultants can regularly and easily update their
Sword front-ends on their computers and mobiles, and then always have the
newest Bible text being translated.

However, I can't get it to work well.

I read
http://www.crosswire.org/wiki/Creating_and_Maintaining_a_Module_Repository,
and pointed the anonymous root of the FTP server to the exported Sword
module.

In this case, the following details apply for the remote source:
Type: FTP
Host: bibleconsultants.dyndns.org
Directory: /ShonaTeam/sword/basic-2

I can enter this remote source in Xiphos, and then refresh the remote
source, and then the ShonaTeam module appears in the category Bibles,
language "Unknown".

Trying to install this in Xiphos: It says: Failed.
Trying to install this in BibleTime: It hangs forever during installation.

When downloading file ShonaTeam.zip, I can unzip it into ~/.sword on Linux,
and the module will then be visible in Xiphos and BibleTime.

I also tried $ tar czvf mods.d.tar.gz mods.d/* to create the modules
tarball, but this made no difference.

Is there something I am overlooking?
What can I do more to fix it?

Thank you,