[sword-devel] mobile development update and invitation to participate

Brian Schroeder bschroeder at internode.on.net
Tue Jun 11 22:14:39 MST 2013

Great - I can see more improvements.

I have had a brief play with this and noted the following:

1) Full index of the KJV in 8 minutes (Belle FP1 on Nokia 701 - supposed
to be 1.3GHz now)
2) In the found box of the search screen pressed and held for a couple
of seconds (2 vibrations) and released.  The circle of dots froze.
After about 5 more minutes of ignoring it I looked again and it was
unfrozen, but in the "Settings" screen. Repeated this and the same thing
happened again.
3) Tried again using ESV - indexed in 5 minutes.  (Yes, it lost the
releasing again freezes.  Watched, and after about a minute the search
screen vanished and one of the other existing screens appeared.
4) The S60 UI gives me white text on a light green background -
virtually unreadable.  The new "mini" style is definitely an improvement
on what was there before.
5) Vibrate DOES work, but it is very brief and could possibly be
non-noticed.  Suggestion:  make it longer, and make it an option in the
settings (though I can see why having it enabled is good).
6) Cross references from the ESV opened up in the KJV.
7) Extra help text is great.
8) Pressing on references in the "Find" screen sometimes pops up an
empty box, and sometimes a verse or part thereof (in KJV).
9) I CAN now open a new module in a "left" or "right" screen. That bit
is fixed.

What is the difference between the "S60" and the "3" versions of BTM
(aside from the fact the latest update is only S60)?

My computer is running Linux at the moment, and when I attach my phone I
can see the E: and F: drives, but not the C: drive - though I can see
the C: drive directly on the phone.  On E: drive (the internal 8G of
memory is divided into C: and E: with most in E:) where I told it to
install BTM, I can see the indices and cache etc. under
E:\data\Bibletime.  I can also see E:\data\Sword\mods.d - but that is an
empty folder.  I could not find the installed modules on any of the 3
drives, and I could not find C:\btlog.txt.

Brian.