[sword-devel] I implore you...

DM Smith dmsmith at crosswire.org
Mon Jun 10 10:19:30 MST 2013

A bit more on titles. In the old, old osis2mod (i.e. many versions ago) the expectation was that the only markup between verses would be titles and that titles would occur no where else.

At that time, the code pulled all titles out of the verse, no matter where they occurred and prefixed the verse with them, marking up each with pre-verse designation. Interverse, non-title markup was treated as verse markup, coming after all the titles.

But when we started getting richly marked up modules, this caused all kinds of confusion and lots of questions on how to markup titles to make osis2mod and SWORD work together.

osis2mod was changed so that it did not reorder any supplied markup. And all pre-verse content was put between preverse start/end markers.

It is this release that will have proper handling of the preverse start/end markers.

Hope this clarifies,
	DM