[sword-devel] I implore you...

Troy A. Griffitts scribe at crosswire.org
Sun Jun 9 13:21:43 MST 2013

I don't think other developers are getting ignored.  Please be
specific.  Just because I don't accept a patch doesn't mean a developer
is getting ignored.

In fact, many times trying to make this release, when people complain
that we need something fixed for this release, I ask for a simple
testsuite addition to show the problem and desired result, and don't get
a response.

I don't believe the problem is as you think it is Jaak.  Many people
whine about this or that. Not all whine for things to go in the same
direction.

Everyone whines for a release but not everyone is willing to help submit
tests and then fixes for those tests.

You stated that you would get involved to help, but you only submit
things for which I previously told you I wasn't interested in accepting
(worrying about pedantic warnings whose changes often make the code less
readable and do nothing to improve any of the real problems for the end
user.  Though I do appreciate a few of the warning fixes you submitted,
a few being actual bug fixed too (thank you)-- I'm just ranting right now.)

I have no excuses, but neither does anyone else.

End of rant.

Troy